When I’m hard on my gluten free diet, I’m willing to sacrifice a lot of things… but not cookies.
It was hard for me to find a cookies, by recipe or store bought, that weren’t dry, mealy, or otherwise unpleasant. After much experimentation, I have finally decided on a permanent recipe, that I know will yield me delicious results every time!
What you need:
- 1 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1/2 cup corn starch
- 1/4 cup gluten free flour [I use Pamela’s]
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- 2 Tbs of nutella or peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, SOFTENED
- 3/4 cup firmly packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 12 oz (2 cups) gluten-free chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together rice flour, corn starch, g free flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt for 30 seconds, set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, blend together butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until mixture is well blended and creamy (if you aren’t using a beater blade, the paddle attachment that scrapes the bowl while mixing, then occasionally scrap down sides and bottom of bowl throughout entire mixing process). Mix in eggs one at a time, blending until combined after each addition. Stir in vanilla. With mixer set on low speed, slowly add in dry ingredient and mix until combined. Mix in chocolate chips and nutellla [or peanut butter]. Drop dough (I shaped into balls for more even rounds) about 2 1/2 Tbsp (45g each) at a time onto Silpat or parchment paper-lined baking sheets, spacing cookies 2-inches apart. Bake in preheated oven 9 – 11 minutes until golden. Sprinkle tops with Maldon Sea Salt if desired, cool on baking sheet several minutes then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container.
These cookies please even gluten-lovers [ like my husband]. Not to mention, these cookies christened some of my new silicone baking items I bought from zulily a few weeks ago.
I’m a simple gal, really. A little bit of online shopping and a couple cookies are enough to make me happy.