This recipe was inspired by nom nom Paleo AND my whole30 challenge. When you’re doing any kind of cleanse or trying to make a change in your diet, you start off simple just to become familiar with the guidelines and ingredients. After awhile, the diet can seem to become very boring and that’s usually when people begin to give up. Well, there are ways of surviving, people! My homemade mayo was a real game changer and instead of using it simply as a condiment on my proteins, I decided to create a whole30 approved chicken salad. The ingredients are simple, and it’s a nice change after the first week of eating mostly vegetables.
- 1/2 cup Homemade Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt or kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Juice from 1/2 medium lemon
- 1 pound cooked chicken breast or thighs
- 1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots finely chopped
- 2 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup almond slivers, toasted
Cook the chicken thoroughly, either baked in the oven or in a skillet. I like my chicken salad on the finer side, so I always put my chicken in the stand mixer, with the paddle attachment. Mix on a low speed, until the chicken has more of a shredded look to it. Then slowly add the remaining ingredients, one by one. Store in an air tight container in the fridge! Enjoy!