A few weeks ago there was a chili tasting on campus, at the university near by and the white chili was the first to go empty. Ever since missing my chance to try some there, I have been craving white chicken chili. I found a crock pot recipe and made a few alterations to fit my family’s tastes.
Here’s what you need:
- 2 lbs chicken thighs
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 (15oz) cans pinto beans
- 1 (15oz) can white corn, drained
- 1 (1 1/4oz) packet of taco seasoning
- 1 (4 1/2oz) can of chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup sour cream
- fresh avocado for topping
All you have to do is mix all the ingredients EXCEPT the sour cream in the crock pot, and let cook for 6-8 hours on low. During the last 30 mins, I added in the sour cream, but it could technically be done just before serving.
It was so delicious and extremely easy. I have been feeling a little overwhelmed lately, and this recipe made me feel like I cooked a good quality meal without slaving away in the kitchen all afternoon. Give it a try this week!